Ida Kukkapuro works🏋 in media and design.
Currently she works as the content manager at Vapa Media and hosts Helsinki Design Weekly program 📻 at Radio Helsinki.
Ida produces the Trojan Horse, a summer school ⛺for architecture and design students.
In printed form Ida’s articles have been published in Alvar Magazine, Apartamento, Avotakka, Form, The Guardian, Grafia Magazine, Slanted, Helsinki Beyond Dreams (2012), Out of the Blue 🔵(Gestalten, 2014), Wilder Quarterly etc.
Ida has been the researcher in the Design 3000 and Stugor🏡 tv-series produced for YLE. As a producer she has worked at Open House Helsinki and Uusi Kaupunki architecture collective👫, produced and written a video blog for Finnish Cultural Foundation together with vlogger Timo Wilderness. She has created an award winning service design project Travellab for Finavia in collaboration with Mapdon and Hellon👋.
She also teaches 🎓at Aalto University and Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences.
- Foundation Man Official Trailer, Finnish Cultural Foundation’s vlog
- Kissa pöydälle, Finnish Cultural Foundation’s vlog
Articles in Finnish
- Weekly Mix: Teemu Suviala, Helsinki Design Weekly
- Kenen lauluja laulat, Grafia
- Designer Eero Saarinen, Helsingin Sanomat
- Ikea Refugee Housing, Helsingin Sanomat
- Look at the letter!, 🕵Helsingin Sanomat
- Book review: Designkuplia, Helsingin Sanomat
- Print only the best books, Grafia
- Architectural review of the Haltia Nature Center, Kesto avoin
- Design jargon😲, Kesto avoin
Articles in English
- Move over Barcelona: four great alternative city breaks, The Guardian
- Design that melts, 🌧Helsinki Design Weekly
- Books for everyone, Helsinki Design Weekly
- Invest in messy systems, Helsinki Design Weekly
- Two hundred new restaurants,💯 Urban Dream Management
- Island hopping in Finland, 🏃BBC Travel
Audio in Finnish