Ida Kukkapuro works🏋 in media and design.
In printed form Ida’s articles have been published in Alvar Magazine, Apartamento, Avotakka, Form, The Guardian, Grafia Magazine, Slanted, Helsinki Beyond Dreams (2012), Out of the Blue 🔵(Gestalten, 2014), Wilder Quarterly etc.
Ida has been the researcher in the Design 3000 and Stugor🏡 tv-series produced for YLE. As a producer she has worked at Open House Helsinki and Uusi Kaupunki architecture collective👫, produced and written a video blog for Finnish Cultural Foundation together with vlogger Timo Wilderness. She has created an award winning service design project Travellab for Finavia in collaboration with Mapdon and Hellon👋.
Ida is one of the Trojan Horse Summer School 🐎 founders. She has also lectured 🎓at Aalto University and Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences.
- Foundation Man Official Trailer, Finnish Cultural Foundation’s vlog
- Kissa pöydälle, Finnish Cultural Foundation’s vlog
Articles in Finnish
- Weekly Mix: Teemu Suviala, Helsinki Design Weekly
- Kenen lauluja laulat, Grafia
- Designer Eero Saarinen, Helsingin Sanomat
- Ikea Refugee Housing, Helsingin Sanomat
- Look at the letter!, 🕵Helsingin Sanomat
- Book review: Designkuplia, Helsingin Sanomat
- Print only the best books, Grafia
- Architectural review of the Haltia Nature Center, Kesto avoin
- Design jargon 😲, Kesto avoin
Articles in English
- Move over Barcelona: four great alternative city breaks, The Guardian
- Design that melts, 🌧Helsinki Design Weekly
- Books for everyone, Helsinki Design Weekly
- Invest in messy systems, Helsinki Design Weekly
- Two hundred new restaurants,💯 Urban Dream Management
- Island hopping in Finland, 🏃BBC Travel